Cooperation project between the Lyoness Child & Family Foundation and the
‟Pilar Soubrier”Asociación de Madres y Padres de Alumnos del C.P.E.E. de Lorca
The parents’ council of the institution for children with special educational needs in Lorca promotes activities, programmes and services of all kinds in order to support the family life, integration in schools and social integration of people with special educational needs as well as their families, which will subsequently improve their quality of life. The institution has a school and a boarding home which accommodates more than 130 pupils. However, the geographical location of the boarding home is not very convenient. All pupils have one thing in common: They have a very limited ability to adjust to their environment and pace of life.
The current economic situation and cuts which have been made by public authorities hinder the integration work. The ‟Pilar Soubrier” Asociación de Madres y Padres de Alumnos del C.P.E.E. de Lorca has thus initiated a solidarity project to collect money for the school’s equipment which will help the school to work properly and to meet their goals. Currently, the government does not plan on providing any financial means for the new equipment of ‟Pilar Soubrier” for an indefinite period of time. However, the children cannot wait as their daily routine depends on it. Thanks to the support of the Lyoness Child & Family Foundation, the urgently needed equipment can now be acquired. Through this project, the parents’ council hopes to draw attention to the consequences of such cuts and asks for help and support so that nobody remains socially vulnerable.
The project aims at compensating the cuts in state funding for learning material, and at supporting a group of people that is strongly affected by the current economic situation.
The project mainly serves to cover the demand for technological learning aids needed by the institution. These aids will help children with communication and language difficulties. In particular, the acquired material is intended to:
• Improve the correct pronunciation of phonemes through repetition or spontaneous conversation
• Develop the ability to concentrate, perception, ability to distinguish and auditive memory relating to different phonemes – in this way, the children should learn how to overcome any difficulties in learning the phonological system
• Extend the pupils' vocabulary; through oral communication and alternative communication systems used by the pupils
• Develop the morphosyntactic structure so that pupils will be able to form more complex phrases
• Develop the appropriate use of verbal and non-verbal language in different situations
Support for the Pilar Soubrier institution for children with special educational needs in Lorca
´September 2013 – October 2013
Children and teenagers between 3 and 21 years with different mental and physical limitations
Asociación de Madres y Padres de Alumnos del C.P.E.E. „Pilar Soubrier” de Lorca (Parents’ council of the ‟Pilar Soubrier” institution for children with special educational needs in Lorca)